Dachshund owners – check out our winter specials!
Call us now on (03) 6359 3521 to take up this special deal!
We are Dachshund friendly here at the Furneaux Tavern and this winter we have some amazing travel and accommodation deals for like minded owners.
Stay in a Deluxe Room at the Furneaux Tavern for 3 nights or more during the winter months June to September 2017 and dachshunds travel to Flinders Island FREE on either Sharp Airlines from Melbourne or Launceston or with Flinders Island Aviation from Bridport. If you stay with us 4 nights then the 4th night is only an extra $1
Call us now on (03) 6359 3521 to take up this special deal![/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
” Free bones on arrival and daily supply from Flinders Island Meat.”[/vc_column_text]
* Beach Walks – your dachshund will be kept busy for hours beach combing. You could even drop in a fishing line and try for one of our very large flathead.
* Walk along the Lady Barron foreshore to Yellow Beach and have a sausage sizzle on the gas BBQ provided.
* Book a half day boat charter to Little Dog Island or Big Dog Island and learn about the mutton bird industry.
* Take a drive around the island and make use of the free gas BBQ’s at a number of locations. Let your fur baby check out the amazing amount of native wildlife as you are driving along.
* Walk up Vinegar Hill in Lady Barron for the most prectacular views over the East Coast and Franklin Sound looking out over the Furneaux islands.
The fine paw print
* This offer is exclusive to the Furneaux Tavern. Accommodation is at the Furneaux Tavern – Winter Special is $360 for 3 nights – stay and extra night for only $1
* Dachshunds fly free with Sharp Airlines from Essendon or Launceston and Flinders Island Aviation from Bridport when accompanied by their pawrents. Flinders island Aviation will include a scenic flight over Little Dog Island.
* When flying from Bridport, free car parking is available
* Limit 1 dachshund per person
* Free bones on arrival and daily supply from Flinders Island Meat.
* Dog Beds will be supplied
* Dog Sitting service available on request.
* Professional Dog Photography available on request.
Import Requirement for bringing a dog into Tasmania
(This only applies if you are travelling from Melbourne with Sharp Airlines
Before a dog can enter Tasmania, its owner must have evidence that it has been treated with praziquantel at a dose rate of 5 mg/kg body weight within 14 days before entry to Tasmania.
The evidence can be:
* An official statement/certificate by a vet;
* A statutory declaration by the owner; or
* Other evidence of treatment (such as the pill packet and purchase receipt) thatis carried by whoever accompanied the dog into Tasmania. A[/vc_column_text]